CASE STUDY:Florida’s Space Coast
Office of Tourism
Re-build a public relations program, including engaging tourism partners and government officials; expand coverage and market awareness and re-build client trust and communication.
Re-energized the entire public relations program in 18 months. Developed “Making Headlines” electronic media leads communication program, which engaged tourism partners to participate in story leads, support media visits through complimentary rooms, attraction access, etc… Made monthly presentation to elected officials and Tourism Development Council members on public relations program. Developed media visit protocol. Enhanced client and tourism partner interaction through engagement and communication.
Increased media coverage to include major national placements, including: USA Today, New York Times, Sirius Radio, WUSA-TV (Washington, DC), History Channel Magazine, Travel + Leisure.com, Everyday with Rachel Ray, Chicago Tribune, etc… Achieved 297 story placements, totaling 42 million impressions and more than $10 million in corresponding ad value in 18 months. Resulted in increased client satisfaction, partner engagement and elected official buy-in.
From destinations to travel entities to international food and wine products, our agency has successfully launched initiatives and campaigns to effectively position our clients.
General Snapshot of our Media Relations Success
- Florida’s Space Coast - Over 117 million media impressions in one year
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - Approximately 40 million impressions in one year
- Space Coast Office of Tourism (Florida) - Art of Sand Competition - 53 million media impressions in 3 months
- Vergelegen Wines of South Africa - 57 Main Street Imports
- Niche Media Campaign - South African Tourism Board - 20 million media impressions in nine months
- The Illinois Bureau of Tourism - Soul of Illinois Niche Media Campaign - 10 million media impressions in one year